PREPARATION AND COOKING TIME:
- Prepare 10 oz chenna from 1/2 gal milk;
- Combine with 1/3 by volume, powdered sugar (for 10 oz chenna - add 1/2 cup sugar);
- Bray the fresh chenna for 5 minutes until perfectly smooth;
- Cook on a very low heat for 10-15 mins (do not allow to bubble), stiring until slightly glossy and thick,
- Flatten into 1/2" tray and cut into squares when cool.
- Add ground almonds just before cooking.
- Add saffron and crushed cardamon before cooking, decorate with ground pistachios.
- Add 3" strip of lemon rind (Nimbu Sandesh) before cooking.
See also Rasgoolas, Ras Malai