Kela Mithai (Broiled Bananas with Toasted Almonds)
PREPARATION AND COOKING TIME:
- Pre-heat grill;
- Spit 4 bananas lengthwise;
- Place on buttered baking tray;
- Spoon over them the strained the juice of:
- 1/2 lime;
- 1 orange;
- A little ghee;
- Mix with 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 tsp ea freshly ground:
- Sprinkle over bananas;
- Grill for 5 mins until golden brown;
- Partly cover with skinned almond halves;
- Grill for a further 2-3 minutes until almonds are toasted;
- Serve immidiately.
Replace orange juice with pineapple slices.
Replace juice with apricot puree by blending:
- 4 apricots;
- 2 tbsp apple juice.
Replace juice with date sugar and lemon.